Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Springtime In the City

In just two short days we will welcome spring (YEAH!). I am tired of the cold weather and could use some temperatures in the 70's. On the other hand, with the flowers in bloom and the wonderful green grass growing, my precious children as well as myself have awful allergies. The sneezing, itchy, watery eyes do not make for a pleasant spring. But I still love the flowers and the green grass. And it means love is in the air as we emabark on wedding season.

Spring in DC also means the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Chief horticuturist, Rob DeFeo predicts peak bloom for the Yoshino cherry trees to be March 27-April 3, 2008. I am hoping to get the boys out to the festival this year. They are such troopers having to put up with a mom who is an event planner.

No comments: