Sunday, January 27, 2008

France, Italy & Spain

No we did not travel to any of these countries but we did taste the wine. Yes, this is one of the perks of the job. I must say I do love being an event planner. Finewine in Gaithersburg had a fantastic wine tasting yesterday and I learned a lot about red and white wines from Spain, Italy and France. Each table was represented by each of the three countries with a wine expert from that country to answer all of your questions and graciously pouring the wine. My personal favorites are the white wines. Fuente Elvira Verdejo D.O. Rueda, is a white wine from Central Spain that boasts with lemon, lime and is excellent with seafood or fresh vegetables. Palazzone Orvieto, is a red wine from Italy, this wine is elegant and has a scent of hazelnut. Palazzone Orvieto goes great with meat. And my favorite wine from France is Jo Piton Coteaux de Layon, this is a red wine and a little sweet and taste's great with lobster!








No comments: